How to install a mod / addon in Minecraft PE?
- Updated 18-05-2022
- Language: English
- Requires Android: 4.0
- Current Version: -
- Developer: -
- Category: Games
.MCPack .MCAddon Minecraft PE mods in these formats install very quickly. Let's look at how to install a mod in .mcpack format:
- First of all, download the mod (required files in .mcaddon or .mcpack format.
- After that, you should open the folder where the files were downloaded.
- Try to open the downloaded mod by clicking on the file in .mcaddon or .mcpack format. If you can’t open the mod on your phone, download some file manager from Google Play and install it on your device. After that, open the installed file manager, find the downloaded mod in it, then activate it.
- After the installation of the mod begins, the screen will be black for some time. Do nothing, just wait for the mod to complete the installation process.
- Don't forget to apply the texture packs and behaviors you need in the game map settings.
.ZIP .RAR The next most popular mod format for this game is RAR or ZIP. These are regular archives, their installation takes a little longer than MCADDON or MCPACK. How should they be installed?
- First, make sure you have the right version of Minecraft PE installed for the mod.
- Download from the archive with the appropriate modification.
- Next, you will need to unpack the downloaded archive. To do this, you will need a suitable explorer (eg ES Explorer). All files you download will be placed in the "Downloads" folder.
- Go to the folder where the archive was unpacked. Inside it you will find one or two folders. One folder appears if the mod does not have its own textures. Otherwise, two folders are created.
- Next, start copying the folders. Start with [Textures] More Chairs by Genta folder. You will need to select it and activate the "Copy" function.
- After that, open the folder using the file manager: /games/com.mojang/. To do this, first open the internal storage, then the games folder, then the com.mojang folder.
- What do these folders contain? The behavior_packs folder contains behavior packs (mods). It is not recommended to touch the minecraftpe folder. The minecraftWorlds folder helps install maps. Resource_packs contains textures. Paste the textures you need into it.
- Open resource_packs and then paste the copied ([Textures] More Chairs by Genta) into it.
- After completing all the steps above, launch the game.
- Open the game world settings. Create a new world for this purpose, or open a change to an existing world.
- Then you need to scroll down to the bottom of the settings. After opening the texture settings, select the ones you need, then activate them.
- After that, open the behavior pack settings, then activate your mod in the same way.
- You're done!